Sunday 22 January 2012

"I sincerely hope that this decision will be reversed, and that Szabó Gyuri and the team is able to maintain Trafó"

I utterly and wholeheartedly express solidarity with Szabó Gyuri and current Trafó team. 
I have had the privilege of working at the Trafó on numerous occasions since 2004 through the "Making New Waves" New Music Festival. 
I have also attended events there, as a member of the audience, of Hungarian and International programmes. These direct experiences enable me to acknowledge both the strength and importance of the contribution, the Trafó, administered by Szabó Gyuri and his team, makes to the cultural life of Budapest, Hungary and Europe. 
I sincerely hope that this decision will be reversed, and that Szabó Gyuri and the team is able to maintain Trafó as the nationally and internationally significant cultural venue as it is currently recognised.

Stewart Collinson, Artist-Film-maker, UK