Saturday 28 January 2012

"I would like to express to you my solidarity for the hard times they are going through"


I was astounded to read about the decisions affecting your institution. 
Having collaborated with Trafo (for Edit festival 2009, where I presented dance films from Greece and participated in discussions), and knowing the extraordinary work Trafo crew have been doing there, I would like to express to you my solidarity for the hard times they are going through. Similar things happen in my country as well, and my structure has also suffered by some. 
Although I am angry, I am sure that Trafo will find the ways to continue their innovative and important work. 
I hope this letter will be read by those who can support Trafo. Addressing to them, I can only say that if they invest in a cultural institution directed by people who have given proof of their groundbreaking work, they will only get back much more than what they have invested, in so many ways.
If I could undo the unfair way Mr Szabo and his team were treated, I would definitely do so.
I wish Trafo lots of courage, strength and stamina for the hard times.

Christiana Galanopoulou, artistic director, MIЯfestival, Greece